Thanks for Fast delivering my order. Packaging was very nice and I am highly delighted with the goods, Thank youG Barker
|BOTANICAL NAME||ORIGIN||CULTIVATION||METHOD OF EXTRACTION||SOURCE||NOTE||SOLUBILITY|
|Pogostemon cablin||Indonesia||Conventional||Steam Distillation||leaves||Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils|
Our website is recognized as a top supplier of steam-distilled Patchouli oil from the leaves of the plant as per set norms of the industry. It is packed in airtight bottles so that it retains its efficacy and effectiveness till the time it reaches to the consumers.Botany
Patchouli is believed to belong to Lamiaceae family that is also known as Mint family. It grows like a bushy herb and have erect stem that reaches up to a height of 75cm. The plant bears pale pink-white flowers that are small in size.Brief History of Patchouli Oil
In U.S and Europe, this was believed to be counter-culture revolution during 60s that brought the use of this oil to the rest of the world. It is really surprising that how olfactory associations and aromatic memory have remained in social awareness for many years. This affected the general perception about the plant and oils extracted from it.Historical Uses
• Traditionally, this was used in the preparation of folk medicine in many Asian countries for treating oily scalp, dandruff, skin dryness, eczema and acne.
• In 1800s, the oil was assumed to get its name from the Hindi word,”pacholi” that means scent. The oil was believed to be used for this scent in the manufacturing of Indian fabrics such as shawls and silks to keep moths and insects away.
• It exhibits many useful therapeutic properties such as diuretic, astringent, deodorant, aphrodisiac, fungicide, antidepressant, etc.
• Furthermore, this is also used in aromatherapy and massage as it is considered to be peace-inducing oil.
• Before applying this oil, perform a skin –patch test.
• Excess use of the oil may cause skin sensitization.
• Always keep the oil away from nose, eyes and ears.
• Do not forget to read the manufacturer’s instruction before using it.