Thanks for Fast delivering my order. Packaging was very nice and I am highly delighted with the goods, Thank youG Barker
|BOTANICAL NAME||ORIGIN||CULTIVATION||METHOD OF EXTRACTION||SOURCE||NOTE||SOLUBILITY|
|Sassuriea costus||India||Conventional||Steam Distilled||Roots||Soluble in alcohol|
If you wish to by the purest form of Costus Root Essential Oil, Aromaaz International is the right place for you. Here at Aromaaz International, we offer premium quality oil to help people get the best quality products within a matter of few clicks.Botany
Saussurea costus, generally known as costus, is a perennial plant of genus Saussurea indigenous to India. It belongs to the family Asteraceae. This plant is mainly cultivated in the regions falling within Himachal Pradesh and Jammu-Kashmir. It grows to a height of 1–2 m (3.3–6.6 ft). The Costus plant has long leaves and bear purple flowers.
Overview of Costus Root Essential Oil
Costus root essential oil is obtained through the process of steam distillation of the roots of the Costus plant. This brownish-yellow essential oil has a woody, warm, and grain-like fragrance. The oil is naturally imbued with several health and medicinal properties – antimicrobial, antispasmodic, expectorant, digestive, stimulant, carminative, and stomachic properties.Benefits of Costus Root Essential Oil
• The antimicrobial properties in this essential oil strengthen the immune system by killing the microbes and infections in the body.
• This oil helps in clearing of the digestive tract and encourages proper digestion.
• It removes the free radicals from the skin and slows down the ageing process.
• This essential oil works like an ointment to treat wounds, burns, abrasions, cuts, etc.
• The astringent properties in this oil treat the ulcers.
• Pregnant and nursing women must consult a doctor before using this essential oil.
• People allergic to Asteraceae or Compositae plant family such as marigolds, ragweed, daisies, chrysanthemums, etc. must avoid its use.