Thanks for Fast delivering my order. Packaging was very nice and I am highly delighted with the goods, Thank youG Barker
|BOTANICAL NAME||ORIGIN||CULTIVATION||METHOD OF EXTRACTION||SOURCE||NOTE||SOLUBILITY|
|Artemisia pallens||India||Conventional||Steam Distillation||Stem & leaves||Soluble in alcohol & insoluble in water|
Davana Oil supplied by us is 100% organic and concentrated in nature. Extracted via the steam distillation of leaves and stems, the obtained oil is pure and safe to use. Dilution is required with suitable carrier oil before applying it on to the skin.Botany
The annual plant of Davana belongs to Asteraceae family that grows to a height of 18 inches. It is an aromatic herb and xerophytic in nature. This is native of Southern part of India including Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. The plant has small yellow flowers and leaves are bluish green in color.A Brief Description of Davana Oil
The oil has aroma similar to sweet Herbaceous Pine. Obtained from the steam distillation of stem and leaves, the oil appears viscous in nature. The extracted oil is light brown to golden yellow in color.Historical Uses
• Traditionally, the oils were used in the preparation of Ayurvedic medicine and were also known for mood elevator and aphrodisiac property.
• This was considered to be a part of Indian folklore medicine to treat high blood pressure and Diabetes mellitus.
• In the middle of 20th century, this was used by perfumers and flavourist in Japan and the USA.
• It was considered to be an effective ingredient in Traditional Chinese &Unani Medicine.
• It is well-known to possess antiseptic, disinfectant, relaxant, anti-depressant, antiviral and expectorant properties.
• The oil is known to heal wound faster and quicker.
• It also helps in providing relief from cough and cold.
• Avoid its usage for eyes, mucous membranes and sensitive areas.
• Nursing mother and pregnant ladies should use this oil only after their health care provider’s recommendation.
• Do not forget to dilute this oil with suitable carrier oil before using it for the topical purposes.