Thanks for Fast delivering my order. Packaging was very nice and I am highly delighted with the goods, Thank youG Barker
|BOTANICAL NAME||ORIGIN||CULTIVATION||METHOD OF EXTRACTION||SOURCE||NOTE||SOLUBILITY|
|Andropogon nardus||Indonesia||Conventional||Steam distillation||Leaves||Insoluble in water|
Citronella Java Oils are obtained from the green and tall blades of Cymbopogon winterianus grass. In addition to helping with purifying the environment by warding off any microbial activity, it also helps in keeping mosquitoes away. It will help you with good and sound sleep.Botany
The plant of Citronella belongs to Poaceae family that grows to a height of 3feet. Although it is a native to Sri Lanka, now is also cultivated in southern parts of the country. The leaves of this plant are also used for extraction of oil.A Brief History of Citronella Oil
Citronella Oil is extracted from leaves of the plants via the steam distillation process. Fresh, dried or partly dried grass is used to extract oil that gives it fresh fragrance of lemon that is also very strong and powerful. The obtained oils are widely known to be an effective insect repellent and are also used in the manufacturing of soaps, perfumes, incense, etc.Historical Uses
• It was grown in Indonesia, Java Islands, Burma, Taiwan, India, Sri Lanka and other parts of the world, as a commercial crop.
• Due to its enticing aroma, the oil was liked by majority of the population around the world.
• For more than thousands years, this oil was used as an insect repellent.
• It was used to manufacture insecticides, soaps, detergents and household cleansers.
• This was highly demanded as a traditional medicine to treat mental fatigue, menstrual issues, depression and also used as an effective repellent for pets.
• It is a well-known insecticide, bactericidal, diaphoretic, antiseptic, tonic, stimulant, and anti-inflammatory agent.
• This oil is used to alleviate pain and it also it stimulates the functioning of different parts of the body.
• It is known to kill worms and helps in properly regulating the digestive system.
• It fights fungal as well as bacterial infections and is considered as the best insect repellent.
• The oil is known to clear away excess oil in hair and skin.
• Citronella oil is not safe for internal purposes.
• Avoid using the oil in eyes and on to other sensitive parts of the body.
• Pregnant lady, children and nursing mother should not use oil from Citronella.
• Do not use this oil in case you are hypersensitive to Citronella
• Keep the bottle away from the reach of pets.
• Avoid direct exposure of oil from sunlight.