Thanks for Fast delivering my order. Packaging was very nice and I am highly delighted with the goods, Thank youG Barker
|BOTANICAL NAME||ORIGIN||CULTIVATION||METHOD OF EXTRACTION||SOURCE||NOTE||SOLUBILITY|
|Evening Primrose oil||North America||Conventional||Cold pressed||Seeds||Soluble in alcohol & insoluble in water|
We are recognized as reputed supplier of the best quality Evening Primrose Oil that is extracted via the steam distillation process. It is organic in nature and finds its wide application in many health and other wellness purposes.
The plant of Evening Primrose belongs to the family Onagraceae and is biennial in nature. It grows to a height of 7 feet and sometimes even lesser than that. The quadrangular fruit of the plant is oblong to linear that is 3 cm long. The seeds are 1.5mmg long and are dark grey in color and have sharp irregular edges. The flowers are yellow in colour. In Germany, it is often known as “Night Candle” as the flower plant blooms during sunsets and remains as it is all through the night.
Brief History of Evening Primrose oil
• Evening Primrose oil obtained from leaves, flowers, roots and seeds. It was used to treat rheumatism, chronic fatigue syndrome, PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), impotence, menopausal problems and diabetes.
• In Ayurveda, it is known as Medhya which was a tonic for brain and Hrdaya that was used as heart tonic.
• This is also used to treat female reproductive tissue (artava), blood channels (rakta), nervous system (majja) or respiratory passages (prana).
• The plant’s roots were used as an important food source and seeds to garnish bread. In fact, during the 19th century, Eclectic physicians used it for similar purposes.
• When its beneficial effects were studied further, it was found that Evening Primrose oil is rich in vital fatty acid that is extracted from the seeds of the plant.
• It is used to treat different types of skin problems such as acne, eczema and psoriasis.
• The oil is also used to treat Osteoporosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Raynaud’s syndrome, etc.
• It is effective in treating heart disease, high cholesterol, dyspraxia, Alzheimer’s disease, leg pain, alcoholism, etc.
• This oil is used to prevent high blood pressure, starting labor, shortening labor and late deliveries.
• Women can also use this oil for breast pain, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes and endometriosis.
General Precautionary Measures!
• In case a person is already taking any medicine for blood pressure (BP), it may not be suitable to use this oil as it lowers BP.
• It should be used with utmost care by people suffering from convulsions or experiencing seizures and other CNS conditions.
• Those who are at high-risk bleeding disorder may suffer from the bleeding problem.
• It should not be used by people who are allergic to GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) or any other plants of Onagraceae family.
• It should be used for external purpose only.