Thanks for Fast delivering my order. Packaging was very nice and I am highly delighted with the goods, Thank youG Barker
|BOTANICAL NAME||ORIGIN||CULTIVATION||METHOD OF EXTRACTION||SOURCE||NOTE||SOLUBILITY|
|Acorus Calamus||Asia& Europe||Conventiona||Steam distillation||Roots||warm, spicy wood.||Insoluble in Water|
Calamus Essential Oil is excellent aromatherapy oil that is full of amazing healing benefits for the mind and the body. There are plenty of ways that Calamus Essential Oil can be taken in use to cure many health issues.
Botanically, Calamus is known as Acromus Calamus that belongs to Acoraceae family of plant kingdom. This is perennial and herbaceous flowering plants. It grows to a height of 30-100cm. The plant has basal leaves that grow upright from the spreading rhizome. The erect leaves are yellowish-green in color at its base. The rhizome of the plant is cylindrical in shape that is branched. The knobby rhizome is thick and has many coarse fibrous roots under it.
Brief History of Calamus oil
The essential oil is derived from dried or fresh roots of Calamus plant by means of the steam distillation method. The organic oils thus, obtained are used for many therapeutic benefits and thus, high in demand.
• Historically, it was initially used by Romans as well as Indians and thus, it was believed to be used in Ayurvedic medicine.
• This was believed to be the native of Asia and Europe.
• Later on, its growth spread to New Guinea, Australia, North America, South Africa, etc.
• It was believed to be used in preparation of bandage to pacify stomach disorder.
• This was thought to be the important part of healing system for many years in treating different types of medical conditions.
• Primeval Egyptians believed the root of the plant to have aphrodisiac property that exhibits many health benefits on reproductive system.
• Calamus oil is used as an important anti-spasmodic, anti-rheumatic and stimulant.
• It is often used as memory booster, antibiotic and known to have tranquilizing substance in it.
General Precautionary Measures!
• Do not use Calamus oil to eyes and other sensitive parts of the body.
• Keep the bottle away from the reach of pets and kids.
• Pregnant lady, nursing mother and children should not use oil from Calamus oil.
• Use the oil externally as it may not be suitable for internal use.
• Do not use this oil in case you are hypersensitive to Calamus